After I’ve registered my child, what’s next?
- Download and print your child’s Admission Packet (Admission Ticket, Check-Out Card, and Parking Flow Map).
How do I make sure that my child is in the same group as his/her friend?
- We don’t pre-assign children to groups. Friends who would like to be in the same group should arrive at JUMP! Kids together and sit down in the same row on the first day.
- Children are grouped by GRADE (not age). Children are allowed to move down one grade to be with a friend but may not move up a grade.
How do I change weeks?
- If something comes up where you need to switch weeks, log into your JUMP! Kids account where you will see the Switch Weeks option next to your child’s registration. Be sure to download and print the Admission Ticket for the correct week after making the switch.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Log into your JUMP! Kids account where you will see the Cancel Registration option next to your child’s registration. A refund will be processed for the amount you’ve paid, minus a $25 administrative fee (per family).
What provision is made for children with special needs?
- We can accommodate a special needs child if accompanied by his or her own shadow. All shadows need to go through our Volunteer Approval Process at least two weeks before JUMP! Kids.
- ALL special needs requests must be submitted and approved before registration. Submit your special needs request and a copy of your child’s IEP (Individualized Education Plan) or BMP (Behavior Management Plan) to Katie Kowalik at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will give our workers a better understanding of your child’s behaviors/needs. Simply providing a shadow is not always sufficient, since the camp is staffed predominately by volunteers who are not trained to assist children with significant special needs.
How does Extended Care work?
- Extended Care is available for an additional $50 per day or $100 for two or more days. If you need to add, change, or cancel Extended Care AFTER completing your child’s registration, log in to your JUMP! Kids Account and select the ‘Edit Registration’ option. Please note: Extended Care registration may not be added on the first day of camp.
- If you registered your child for Extended Care, turn on your hazard lights when you arrive in the mornings and parking attendants will direct you to the correct parking lot.
- Check-in is at 7:00 a.m. in the Children’s Building North for Grades K-3 and in club xL for Grades 4-8 (refer to the Parking Flow Map received with ticket download). Extended Care children may not be dropped off in the drop-off lanes since drop-off lanes only open at 8:30 a.m.
- Check-out is at 6:00 p.m. in the Children’s Building North for Grades K-3 and in club xL for Grades 4-8. Park in any parking lot and walk in to pick up your child.
- On Friends Day, extended care is not available for your child’s friend.
- Kids registered for afternoon Extended Care should bring additional snacks.
How do I register a friend for Friends Day?
- On Thursday of camp, every child may bring one friend who is in the same grade.
- Log in to your JUMP! Kids account and click on the “Invite A Friend” link next to your child’s name. An email invitation and code will then be sent to the friend who will be able to click on the link provided to create a JUMP! Kids account and register and pay for Friends Day.
- The cost for the friend is $50 and this includes a JUMP! Kids T-shirt that the friend will receive at camp.
- Friends Day registration ends at noon on Wednesday before Friends Day.
- Extended Care is not available for friends.
Where can I find the St. Louis Family Church Tax ID number?
- The church’s tax ID appears on the email receipt you receive upon completion of your registration. This same receipt is on your JUMP account under Order History.
What to Bring
What should my child bring to JUMP! Kids?
- Bring the Admission Ticket on the first day and wear the wristband and t-shirt on all remaining days.
- Each day, bring a lunch and a drink in a labeled backpack. We also provide sno-cones, watermelon, popcorn, and water throughout the day.
- Pre-apply sunscreen.
- Boys and girls should wear modest swimsuits under clothes and bring a towel. (All belongings should be clearly marked with your child’s name and grade!) Girls wearing two-piece swimsuits will be given a tank top to wear in the Water Park.
- Children in Kindergarten through 3rd grade are strongly encouraged to wear water shoes in the Water Park.
- Bring cash to buy items at the JUMP! Kids Store. (The store will be open at the end of the day too if parents would prefer to purchase items themselves.)
What if my child forgets to bring any of these items?
- A bag labeled with your child’s name and grade can be handed to a Security worker at the entrance to the church campus during the day.
What should I do with my child’s medications?
- Bring medications in their original labeled containers clearly marked with your child’s name and medication dosage. Drop them off at the First Aid station on the first day and pick them up at the end of the day on Thursday.
What items are not allowed at JUMP! Kids?
- Skateboards, cell phones, cameras, tablets, headphones, or any other electronic devices. Children who choose to bring these items to camp must keep them out of sight and in their pockets or bags at all times. JUMP! Kids Camp is not responsible for any stolen, lost, or damaged items brought to camp.
Check-In and Check-Out
How does daily Check-In work?
- Check-In is open between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m.
- For safety and liability reasons, do not park in adjoining business lots and walk onto the church campus. Please drive onto the campus for Check-in and Check-out.
- Parking attendants on campus will direct traffic into drop-off lanes.
- If you would prefer to park on the first day and walk your child in, turn on your hazard lights as you enter the church campus to indicate that you need to park. You will then be directed to a parking lot. Please be mindful that parking space is limited, so using the drop-off lanes is definitely preferable to avoid traffic congestion.
- In the drop-off lanes, Check-In workers will stop your car and ask to see your child’s Admission Ticket and then allow your child to get out of the car.
- Volunteers will be available to walk your child from the car to the correct Check-In location and connect your child with a Group Leader in his/her grade.
- The Group Leader will collect the Admission Ticket and issue a color-coded wristband and t-shirt to each child. It’s important that children wear their wristbands and t-shirts all week!
- The program begins at 9:30 a.m. All parked cars should be moved off the parking lots by that time so that children can safely move to their different stations. Any remaining parents will be asked to leave campus at that time.
How does daily Check-Out work?
- An email/text message will be sent to you before the end of the first day providing your child’s group (chapter) number. For example: Luke, Chapter 8.
- Camp ends at 3:30 p.m. Park your car and walk into the building or tent to pick up your child between 3:30 and 4:00 p.m.
- Children will not be in their check-out locations before 3:15 p.m. at the earliest. Parents who arrive before 3:30 will be asked to wait in a designated area and will only be allowed in when all children are back in their check-out locations.
- Signs on campus will indicate grade locations. This information is also printed on the Parking Flow Map you received in your registration confirmation download.
- Bring your Check-Out Cards with you every day or have them available on your mobile device for Group Leaders to view.
- If someone else is picking up your child, be sure to give or email that person one of your child’s Check-Out Cards with a parental permission note stating who will be picking up your child.
What do I do if I have to drop off my child late or pick up my child early due to unexpected circumstances?
- Security personnel will be wearing tan Security t-shirts.
- Early pick-up is not available after 2:30 p.m.
- Children who are not picked up by 4:00 p.m. will be taken to the Extended Care location and parents will be charged an additional fee for picking up their children late.
What measures do you have in place to ensure the safety of the children?
The safety of your child is very important to us! We provide the following:
- Police officers and security volunteers are stationed throughout the property.
- Approximately 700 volunteers have all been screened with background checks and are identified with volunteer t-shirts and name badges.
- Visitors and parents are not allowed on campus while camp is in session (except in cases of family emergencies).
- In-house schedule tracking enables camp staff to locate your child anywhere on the campus at any time during the day.
- A First Aid station with qualified medical staff is located on-site.
- Inclement weather plans are in place to move children into buildings.
- Parents are asked to drive slowly on campus and refrain from using cell phones while driving.
- Profanity and bullying are not allowed.
- JUMP! Kids Bullying Policy:
1. A child will receive one warning from a senior staff member.
2. If the child doesn’t respond accordingly, the parent or guardian will be contacted and asked to pick up the child.
3. If the child returns to camp the following day and continues with inappropriate behavior, the parent or guardian will be asked to pick up the child and the child will not be allowed to return to camp. The camp fee will not be refunded.
What provision is made for children with nut or dairy allergies?
- Separate tables are provided in the lunch tent for children with nut or dairy allergies, and these children are given an additional gray wristband. Children should keep this wristband on all week.
Can I take pictures and/or video record at JUMP! Kids?
- Due to copyright and privacy issues, pictures or videos are not allowed at JUMP! Kids.
- Posting JUMP! Kids pictures or videos on Facebook or other social media websites is also not allowed.
- Children will be given a group (chapter) picture to take home with them.
- Monday: JUMP! Kids Color Day! (Children are given their color-coded t-shirts when they check in.)
- Tuesday: Glow Day! Wear glow-in-the-dark necklaces or bracelets.
- Wednesday: Bring $1 for ice cream. (Peanut-free, tree-nut-free, and dairy-free options are available.)
- Thursday: Wacky Hair Day! (Get creative!) and Bring A Friend Day!
- Parents can enjoy a taste of the fun, music and drama of JUMP! Kids in the Worship Center on Friday night, June 8 or 15, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30.
- Bring the whole family! Childcare will be provided for ages 4 and younger.
- Taking pictures or videos is not allowed at JUMP! Kids Family Night.
- The JUMP! Kids Store will also be open at Family Night.
Is there an opportunity for the rest of the family to experience more of JUMP! Kids?